Thursday, March 3, 2011

Lately

Hello world!

9:ish on a Thursday night. I overnapped and woke up a little too late for yoga. I actually could have made it, maybe a few minutes late, but my memory foam miracle mattress was giving me too much love and back support. Just ate some dinner and mochi ice cream for dessert. It's pretty quiet and pretty early, so I started blasting my iPod and thought I should write some, in this neglected blog of mine! Sorry again to my big fans. How will I ever become famous if I don't keep the world updated with my life?!

Just kidding. But I know from the blogs that I follow, I am always attracted by these 2 things: (1) Frequent updates; (2) Photos. Oh, and of course I guess number three would be: (3) Valuable content.

I've been thinking lately about how all these "social networking" things we have these days are actually really popular because they are a method of letting people talk about themselves and feed their own ego. I don't really like that too much, but I think it's true, for the most part. Really though, with all the status updates and tweets and whatever else... And all linked to each other so if you update one thing, it updates every other thing you have. Ugh! Overload! Many of these things satisfy the first two of my qualifications of grabbing my online attention (frequent updates and photos), but perhaps most of the time not the third (valuable content.) Sure, here I am posting publicly on my blog, because for whatever reason, I feel like my thoughts need to be shared... And who am I to judge others for doing something similar? But! I guess my point is... We should all take a look at the intention we have with updating our status bar. In many ways, I feel like this world of social networking can actually make us a little less connected to each other, and a little more connected to feeling like we need attention to validate our existence.

Next topic! Still kind of on the same topic. I was this close to creating a tumblr account. I was about to call Ana to consult, but realized she's in class. Why is it that I feel like I consult her for a lot of not-that-important and sometimes important decisions? I think part of it is because we ventured off to foreign lands together, stuck beside each other for so long that now that we're kinda far apart, a part of me still thinks she's always within a 5-foot range of my own personal being, available for consulting of every part of my life. Just a theory! I think Ana is the only one who understands how my heart sometimes hurts when I think about Isara and Thailand and backpacking and vagabonding. In a good, heart-wrenching way, if that's possible. What sparked the tumblr urge was first, the urge to delete my travel itinerary on this blog, since it was meant for while I was still traveling around... Which led me to thinking maybe I should just keep this blog as the time capsule that it is and start something new. I'm still thinking about it-- I'll have to consult Ana first.

Anyway, here are some pictures!

Three years ago I decided I would spend my birthday somewhere far away each year. This year... Hawaii :)

Deliciousness!

Decided to jump off a rock to celebrate the day of my birth. Scawie!

Diana never stops reading. Never.

Here's to 10+ years of slow jamz, getting into and out of strange situations, wedding planning, and more recently, drinking wine. =)

Auntie Lana + Auntie Lara <3 Big M

I miss these beauties!!!

1 comment:

  1. I, too, completely understand how your heart hurts when you think about Isara and Thailand :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete