Sunday, September 20, 2009

Simple


After a barrage of going away parties and too many alcoholic drinks, the moment I've been celebrating for in the past few days is very quickly approaching. In fact, at this time tomorrow, I'll be at SFO with Ana, anxiously awaiting our flight.

This is all I will be wearing for the next few months:

This selection of clothing includes:
- 2 pairs of pants: jeans (that I hardly ever wear) + corduroys (that I don't think I've ever worn)
- 3 pairs of shorts
- 2 summer dresses
- 1 skirt
- 3 nylon/ Spandex blend t-shirts
- a few halters, tank tops, and my favorite black tube top
- 2 swimsuits (I'm sure I could do with just one...)
- My Cal visor. I haven't worn a visor since I coached softball and thought it would be funny to bring back =)
As little as this seems to be, when I look at what Josh brought for his backpacking trip, I feel like I still don't even necessarily need it all... I generally don't pack much on trips anyway because my style is low maintenance and I definitely learned to pack light after I survived a month in Costa Rica with only a duffel bag to stash my belongings. But I look at this collection and compare it to my overflowing closet + dressers and still am in awe about it's limitations. Which are also very liberating.

I took this picture of stuff on my bed, which I realized I will miss very much as well. Goodbye memory foam, favorite duvet cover that I made myself, hypo-allergenic down alternative comforter that I found on sale at Ross, and pink sateen sheets. You've been good to me and I will love to come back to you some day.

This may be my last post from the U.S. and that excites me =)

1 comment:

  1. HAHA...I see some color in that pile of clothes. I like it! AND I love that visor! =)

    ReplyDelete