Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Bohol adventures


At 5:45AM, we were already on a ferry departing from Cebu to the nearby island of Bohol. Somehow, I wasn't tired and we were excited for our sightseeing tour. It was bittersweet too. This was going to be one of our last little adventurous trips.

When we got to Bohol, we had to take a bus to Carmen, where our tour would begin. A couple of years ago Josh went to the Philippines and he got me this small, woven plate. The plate had a divider to separate rice and ulam. I used it to hold candles by my bed. It said "Philippine Rural Life" with a picture of a farmer riding on a carabao in the rice fields. When I had a yard sale before my trip, Josh saw this plate for sale, held it up and said, "Thanks, Lara." Hahaha! No one bought it either... Anyway, my point is, I thought of the scene depicted on this plate while staring out of the doorway (there was no door) on the bus we rode to Carmen. The greenery was so lush and pretty. People were tending to their land. I could have rode on that bus and stared out the window forever.

We found our tour guide, Bob and started on our way to Chocolate Hills. Dude. We are so lucky. Bob was such a nice tour guide and he was even funny! Our day was jam-packed with several different stops and sights to see on the island.

1. Chocolate Hills

2. Natural spring (forgot name...) But the water originates from this cave. We drank the fresh water too!

3. Magsaysay Park, where we fed monkeys.

4. Butterfly Sanctuary

5. Man-made Forest

6. The Hanging Bridge. Scary!

7. My favorite... lunch on a floating restaurant. It was so pretty and fun that I actually cried.

8. Visited the tarsiers. Cute little monkeys!!!

9. Clarin Ancestral House. The oldest house on Bohol.

10. Visited Prony the Python! (Yes, this is a real snake!)

11. The Blood Compact, where the Spanish and Boholanos made a pact of friendship.

12. Hagdanan Cave

13. Our final stop and resting point...

It was a long day touring around Bohol, but we got to see so many places and enjoy so much beauty! My face was dirty from riding on the motorcycle all day. My butt was also sore. We wolfed down some pizza at the mall after we finally got back around 8PM. This was definitely one of my favorite trips. We are so lucky that Marc + Shane referred us to our guide and this tour!!!

1 comment:

  1. any contact from your tour guide? and how much cost would it take for the tour per person

    ReplyDelete