Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Chiang Mai

The bus ride to Chiang Mai was as uncomfortable as any other bus ride. I think I've just accepted that bus rides are not luxurious. Even the VIP buses with air conditioning and reclining seats are for some reason still hard to sleep on. I was cold... and someone's plastic bag with a wheel of Laughing Cow cheese from the overhead storage kept falling on me throughout the night. Even when I would put it back up, it would somehow find a way to fall on me again... I don't know who that cheese belonged to.

We shared a tuk-tuk with this guy who lives at a temple in Chiang Mai. He went on about the true nature of ourselves and our relation to the universe... mindfulness... being in the present moment... going to stone circles, where stones are arranged to perfectly align the power within yourself with that in the surrounding galaxies... Part of me was saying, "Get outta here..." and part of me wanted to listen to him. People are so interesting.

Later that evening, we ventured off to watch a Muay Thai fight, which was pretty fun! The first few rounds were younger boys... As the weight classes of the fights got higher, and the international fighters came around, things got more exciting.




This Canadian guy gave the Thai fighter a beat down.


Other random discoveries in Chiang Mai:

* Mango sticky rice! Diana, the hunt is over.



* The Ghost Orchid! (For those of you who've watched Adaptation)



* Doi Suthep






* A baby in a box.


No comments:

Post a Comment