Monday, November 30, 2009

Paradise




Anyone who knows me knows that I <3 the beach!

After two days of uncomfortable overnight bus rides, being left at waiting stations at 6am two days in a row, more bus trekking and a ferry boat, we finally made our way to Orawan Beach Resort at Thong Sala beach on Ko Phangan. So worth the wait!




Our bungalow is right by the beach. As in... I step outside the front door and can see the ocean. It's way nicer than I expected too! I didn't think we'd have our own shower, or a flushing toilet, or air conditioning, or the ability to connect to wi-fi from the resort next door. Or even 2 separate beds for that matter... So this was a very pleasant surprise to arrive at =)

Every morning we wake up and eat breakfast on the deck with a view of the ocean and a crescent outline of the rest of the island. The waves are gentle, hardly a splash, and water is shallow for quite a distance off of the shore. Days are spent on the beach relaxing, tanning, reading, writing, chatting with our neighbors, listening to music... Although this is supposed to be a party island, we're far from the Southern tip where all the craziness happens. I like it better this way!

Peace from the beach! Wish you were here!



1 comment:

  1. AH so jealous. These photos are beautiful, and your room looks great!

    I'm still at work at 8pm, boo, haha.

    I'm sad we couldn't do our little catch-up this Thanksgiving, but you're somewhere far more exciting.

    Miss you. Love you. Keep telling us all about your adventure.

    ReplyDelete