Thursday, November 19, 2009

Hasadee



This is Dave, a very passionate English teacher at Hasadee School, a little outside of Nong Khai. Ana and I volunteered as assistants in his class last week, and he invited us back this week to do a painting project at the school. He had noticed our artistic talents at the Halloween party when we were painting the kids' faces ;)

The project took up the entire school day! We spent hours stenciling, delegating painting jobs to the kids, re-touching, and outlining... The work was non-stop, but it also went by very quickly. We started at 8:00am and before I knew it, it was 3:30. We painted different healthy foods on the walls in front of the Anuban (Kindergarten) classrooms. I was really tired by the end of the day, but impressed with the work that we got done!







The kids are all about this Doraemon character. He's apparently very popular in Thailand. I have no idea who or what he is, or what his story is about. I just knew that I had to make 3 of him, holding various food items, and the kids were always watching over my shoulder, saying, "Doraemon! Doraemon!" whenever I was drawing or painting him.


 



We shook the principal's hand as we left and I could see the sincerity of her appreciation as she thanked us for our work. It was a day well-spent, and hopefully something that will last a while for the kids to enjoy.



1 comment:

  1. Great job, daughter!!!! I am so proud of you more than you'll ever know. Like you said,
    "some things transcend verbal coomunications".
    Sometimes we may not express our feelings but deep inside us we are so proud of you and we love you so much!!

    Love,
    Dad

    ReplyDelete