Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!



Without realizing it, we scheduled to take a cooking class on Thanksgiving Day. They don't really celebrate Thanksgiving here, so it was fitting for us to spend the day cooking and eating. It was soooo gooood... I made 4 dishes: (1) chicken masaman curry; (2) stir-fried chicken with ginger; (3) fried fish salad; (4) fried bananas with ice cream. Ana made chicken with green curry, pad thai, and the same salad and dessert. We ate everything that we cooked, even though we were full after the first two dishes... Just like Thanksgiving =)








Even though I'm still not sick of Thai food, my mouth waters at the thought of a warm, Thanksgiving dinner at home... Turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, Auntie Lorna's lasagna, and then making sandwiches out of the leftovers and eating them for days! I miss it! I miss my family too. I miss Alicia coming home from New York and getting to catch up with her on the 1 or 2 days out of the year we get to see each other. I miss wearing boots and scarves to keep me warm. I miss hearing holiday songs on the radio and people-watching at the crowded malls. I still haven't felt homesick, but these are definitely things that I miss. I could go on, but I'll stop-- Just know that I miss you and I'm thankful to have you in my life =)

I'm sitting at an outdoor cafe right now. Ana and I are taking advantage of the free wi-fi to catch up on catching up. I just got up to go to the market for a little bit. I fear that my butt is bruised from sitting on this stool for so long. We've been here for over four hours, and still have about 2.5 hours until our bus picks us up. And then we get to sit on the bus for... even more hours. We're heading down South towards the islands and beaches. Wee!! I've been ready for this since the day I was born. Can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment