Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Leaving...



We left Isara on Tuesday. It was a quiet day. Between packing and doing last-minute errands, I was somewhat avoiding contact with people because I was so sad. I already saw this coming, but I found myself crying throughout the day whenever I thought about leaving. Ana and I couldn't stop the tears while saying our goodbyes. I can't really compare the kind of sadness I felt to anything else. I left the people I had been living and working with, the people who I became good friends with over the past 2 months-- my first real friends from somewhere so far away from home.

I am so thankful for the opportunity I've had to contribute to Isara's vision of positive change and progress for youth in the future. The experiences I've had and friendships I've formed are built to last. I won't forget this place!

This was the bittersweet farewell view from our tuk-tuk to the bus station:



I miss you, Isara!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment