Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Farewell, Thailand!

I can’t believe that it’s been about 3 months here in Thailand. It pains me to leave this place, but at the same time, I’m ready to move onto the next leg of the trip.

I’ve learned that we walk a fine line as tourists. One can graciously visit another country, with an appreciation for culture and openness to learning from things that may be different. And just as easily, one can treat a foreign land like a playground to be used until it’s worn out. I can never easily judge other people; everyone has their own struggles and is on their own journey. But I know that my intentions were always for the best, for myself and for those I came in contact with during my trip.

Thailand is a beautiful country, apparent in its culture built on tradition and respect, in the kindness of its people, its crystal blue waters and fine white sands. I’m going to miss a lot of things about being here, most especially my experiences and the friends that I made at Isara. I will also definitely miss the delicious cuisine and the land’s blessings of natural beauty.

Stay beautiful-- I'll be back!













No comments:

Post a Comment