Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Long Beach



Sorry to all of you who may think all these beach pictures look the same. I still love the beach.

We spent most of yesterday traveling to get to Ko Phi Phi (pronounced Ko Pee Pee. Hee hee.) Traveling can be so tiring! Even though we're just sitting for hours, on a bus, train, or boat... We never get to rest comfortably, so it's quite exhausting.

Phi Phi is a different from the other islands we've been on. It's smaller, and seems to be a lot busier here. There is a ban on cars and motorbikes on the island, so everyone walks or bikes. Perhaps that just makes it look like there are more people here than there actually are... Whatever it is, the walkways are pretty packed. I almost got hit by a biker yesterday. He glared at me afterwards. Sorry, sir!

Today, we went on an adventure to find Hat Yao, also known as Long Beach, which is supposed to be one of the prettiest beaches on the island. We did a bit of hiking, and kept having to stop and ask if we were on the right track. Our other option was taking a boat, for about $5, but we decided to rough it and just walk instead. Our guide book said it should take about 45 minutes, but I think it took us a couple of hours. We stopped at other beaches along the way. It was fun, and we got to see some cool views.




 


We finally got to the top of the hill where we could see the beach:



And then we finally made it!





The sand is so fine at this beach... I sat at the edge of the water and exfoliated. Haha. Other than that, and the times I jumped in the water to chase fishies and cool off, I tried to stay in the shade as much as I could today. I saw a lot of burned people around me and didn't want to become one of them!

We will be back, Long Beach!



No comments:

Post a Comment