Thursday, December 10, 2009

Ko Phi Phi Ley

We took a boat trip out to Ko Phi Phi Ley, which is a neighboring island of Ko Phi Phi. We were led by our tour guide through what I like to call "the 'hood," and endured an almost vomit-enducing ferry boat ride across the sea, but it was worth it to get to this gorgeous island.

First stop was Monkey Beach. (Sounds just like its name: a beach with monkeys on it.)

This monkey got all up in my face!






Next we stopped in the middle of the sea to snorkel. With my cool underwater camera case, I was able to snap some shots of all the fishies. I got out early because I felt like the fish were biting me or something was stinging me in the water.









Our last stop was at Maya Bay, one of the most beautiful places I think I've ever been.







These pictures don't do it justice. My words couldn't do it either. Just know this place is breathtaking and you should visit if you ever have the chance. I could have stayed here for-ev-errrrr....

Natural beauty never ceases to amaze me and make me wonder how we become occupied with so many other things when places like this exist. I know not everywhere you go is as captivating as this. And for that reason, I'm always wishing these moments lasted for longer than they actually do.


1 comment: