Monday, January 18, 2010

Farewell, Oz!

I’ve been here for a month, but for some reason it seems longer!

Australia is a great country. Nice weather, awesome beaches, friendly people, exciting nightlife, universal healthcare, environmental awareness, developed public transportation, modernity with an appreciation for culture and history-- I can see how Oz is a very livable place and can almost see myself living here. But at the same time, I haven’t found the same heart-to-heart connection with the land that I experienced while in Thailand. Perhaps I’m biased because I dedicated myself to a cause while I was in Thailand, or because I haven’t spent enough time here in Australia to love all of it.

For me, some of the best moments of this trip in Australia were the times I got to be reunited with some close friends from home.




I still loved being here and would still love to come back some day and explore more of the East Coast. Thanks for everything, Australia!








I’ll be on a plane to Japan in less than 24 hours and cannot wait!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment