Saturday, January 2, 2010

Reflection

Things that happened in 2009:
  • I spent my birthday in the Philippines on a fun vacation with my cousins.
  • I went to a strip club for the first time. 
  • I went skinny-dipping in the ocean. 
  • I quit my job to do something that meant more to me. 
  • I took at least 100 yoga classes. 
  • I completed my teacher training to be a certified yoga instructor. 
  • I brought back my boogie board.
  • I refrained from eating solid food for 8 days.
  • I stopped trying to fight the natural waves in my hair.
  • I stopped being friends with someone.
  • I cried because of a guy.
  • I had a minor surgery. 
  • My best friend moved to Hawaii. 
  • I argued a lot with my parents. 
  • I talked a lot with my parents. 
  • I realized how much I am like my parents. 
  • I learned about what my Dad went through, leaving the Philippines and coming to America. 
  • I invested in stocks.
  • I rode a mechanical bull.
  • I lived in Irvine for 2 months. (Thank you, Neil!) 
  • I lived in Nong Khai, Thailand for 2 months. (Thank you, Isara!)
  • I was blessed to travel to the Philippines, Hawaii, Thailand, Laos, and Australia.
  • I spent half of the year away from home.
  • I spent a lot of time at the beach.
  • I did hella laundry by hand.
  • I met amazing friends and inspirational people from different parts of the world.
  • I felt like I was doing something that mattered.
  • I hung out with Ana every single day for over 3 months.
  • I jumped off of a waterfall.
  • I loved my life.
I can’t say “time flies” with enough emphasis as to how much I mean it.

I clearly remember the end of 2008, and so anxiously waiting for 2009 to begin because I knew that great things were going to happen, because I was going to make them happen. I used to go to the gym and do 30 minutes of cardio without my iPod because I spent those 30 minutes of my day envisioning my future—picturing my bank account with more money than I planned to save; imagining myself hopping on an airplane out of the country; knowing that everything would work out in the best way possible. When you believe in something enough, there’s no way you can let yourself down.

I’m not sure where the winds will bring me this year. It’s a different feeling. I don't have as many solid plans as I did for 2009, but I still know it's going to be great.

In the spirit of continuous self-improvement, these are my 2010 Resolutions, in no particular order:
  1. Wholeheartedly believe that money is positive energy that you absolutely deserve.
  2. Adhere to a pescaterian diet.
  3. Stop eating when you’re full. Seriously.
  4. Enter relationships with the highest sense of respect for yourself, and only hoping to cultivate that same sacred self-love in another.
  5. Be very honest, especially with yourself, those you care about, and those who you would like to get to know better.
  6. Get accepted into graduate school.
  7. Treat your feet extra special-- they take you everywhere!
  8. Share your heart by teaching yoga.
  9. Do 25 Sun Salutations on your 25th birthday.
  10. Resist the temptation to re-live and over-analyze painful moments. Accept and let go.
  11. Continue to contribute to good causes and support people you believe in.
  12. Enjoy the still moments.
  13. Learn more about the subtle body.
  14. Surround yourself with positive and inspirational souls.
  15. Learn where all 50 states are located.
  16. Make time for reading, writing, and sewing.
  17. Keep up with the good habits you've developed: flossing regularly, sitting up straight, de-cluttering, practicing yoga, being thankful, putting yourself in other people's shoes.
  18. Stay young and hot forever!
Cheers to the New Year and all that it brings! I’m wishing the best for everyone in 2010 and always!

No comments:

Post a Comment