Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Freezing in Japan

After 4 months of being spoiled with tropical summer weather, we were welcomed to Japan with a harsh winter chill of 6 degrees Celsius upon landing... Welcome to Tokyo!



God bless you, Jorina, for bringing us jackets to protect us from the cold!

I'm back in Asia and lost again... I remember this clueless feeling. There are no street signs in Japan apparently, and I frequently get spoken to in a foreign tongue. But that doesn't seem to freak me out anymore.

After a few crowded train rides (see below for picture of Japanese lady falling asleep on Ana), some wandering, and guidance from very helpful locals, we made our way to our hostel. It's located in a cute, quaint, and not too busy part of Tokyo. We felt safe roaming the streets at night in search of a late-night meal for two hungry girls.





I'm going to repeat myself-- it's really cold here! So cold, in fact, that Ana asked if she could sleep in my bed. Haha! (The top bunk is a whole world of temperature difference than the bottom one.) But the crisp cold is kind of nice too. It reminds me of the Christmas that I missed at home =)

I love the lights here. I love how things are cute. I love that there are vending machines everywhere, with all kinds of drinks, even hot tea!




I'm so excited to explore!

No comments:

Post a Comment