Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Humbled

I've decided that this is my favorite place in Australia. I know that I haven't been everywhere... But if I had to pick a favorite spot, this would be it.



From Bondi Beach, there's a scenic coastal walk, which peaks at this point where you can look out onto the seemingly infinite ocean. I've never felt smaller in my life than when sitting at this viewpoint. It's a humbling reminder of how little we are in comparison to the vastness of everything else out there.







These past few days have been a blur and my time in Australia is almost up... We stayed in the city for a few nights to catch the Sydney Music Festival, do more exploring, and meet up with friends. Ana's friend Thu came to visit from Adelaide, where they studied together. And Melissa and Jorina decided to cash in some vacation time and book it to Oz. Time spent with them always results in laughter, recalling trips to Vegas when we were 21, crazy family stories, and memories from the good old days of college. I've been lucky that my friends' trips have coincided with mine. I'm so thankful for their company, especially after being away for so long!

I don't want to catch up for the sake of catching up, so here are photos of the cool places I've been =)

Manly Beach:



Botanical Gardens:




Sydney Music Festival-- where all this musical awesomeness was provided free of charge:





World Bar-- where alcohol is served in teapots:



Chinese Gardens of Friendship-- where people are allowed to dress up like this, even if they look really silly:





I <3 Melissa!

About to hit the road again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment