Saturday, January 23, 2010

Nijo Castle

It was relatively warm today, compared to yesterday, that is. The skies completely cleared up and I could feel the sun’s rays warming my body when I stood still. I’ve missed that feeling!

Today, we went off to see the Nijo Castle. In addition to my general interest in really old structures, I was particularly excited today because it wasn’t as cold =)



The Nijo castle was in full effect back in the 1600s. We got to walk around inside, but weren’t allowed to take any photos. Some places were dark and creepy… I was trying to imagine the people who actually inhabited the castle hundreds of years ago. So weird to be walking in the same space where feudal lords used to visit!




The gardens outside were gorgeous as well!






Fun day at the castle!




No comments:

Post a Comment