Friday, January 22, 2010

Freezing in Kyoto




Public transportation in Japan (and in many developed countries besides America) is awesome! We took the Shinkansen Bullet Train and got from Tokyo to Kyoto in less than 4 hours. It was warm and cozy. And we even got a free drink!

Kyoto is a totally different place than Tokyo. There’s a city feel to it, but mixed in with the shopping malls and railway stations are pockets of temples, geishas, and remnants of an older era of Japan. You turn one corner, and feel as though you’ve stepped back in time.






Today, we went to Yasaka Shrine and Kiyomizu-Dera. I’m sure these places would have been more enjoyable for me if my face wasn’t numb from the ice wind. It’s even hard for me to elaborate because all I remember was feeling really, really cold. Just look at the photos…

Yasaka Shrine:




Kiyomizu-Dera:







Oh, and on the way there and back, Ana and I ate as many free samples of mochi as we could =) I’m hoping it warms up.

No comments:

Post a Comment